Hodgman Core Ins Wader Liner
Hodgman Core Ins Wader Liner
With the advent of breathable waders, there is greater flexibility in controlling the layers you wear underneath. Get layering wrong, too many layers for example, and you overheat causing increased perspiration. If that perspiration is unable to permeate breathable membranes then you end up with a build up of moisture on the skin; couple this with a cold wind or cold water wading conditions and it can have an increased cooling effect on the body. However if you get layering right and understand which materials allow moisture to wick away from the skin then you can have a much more comfortable days fishing.
When it comes to lining stocking foot waders, Hodgman have developed a liner which is rather clever. Hodgman Core INS Stocking Foot Wader Liner allows you to convert your Hodgman® waders using the one and only all-season wader insulating system. The removable Core INS system utilises zoned insulation in your lower body where you need it most. They utilise Thinsulate® insulation in the leg and hip which are submerged most often so the frigid bite from cold water doesn’t reach your legs. Additionally, if you work up a sweat getting to your fishing spot the moisture resistant breathable insulation keeps you warm even when moist. A fleece upper ensures comfort where you need less insulation above the water.
Installing Core INS Stocking Foot Wader Liner
To install the Core INS system in a few minutes follow these easy steps. You can also watch the instructional video below.
1. Lay the wader and the liner face up next to each other on the ground.
2. Unbuckle the shoulder straps to allow access to the inside of the wader. (On the drop top designs included on the Aesis Sonic waders remove the Velcro attachment point located on the rear buckle instead of unbuckling the front of the wader).
3. Reach inside the wader and pull the right leg of the wader inside out to expose the connection snap points located at the inside top of the stocking foot bootie.
4. Connect the liner to the wader by snapping the corresponding green snaps to green connection points on the wader and the red to red connection points. Then snap the front and back connection points in place. (Be sure the leg on the Core INS liner is not twisted)
5. Reach inside the wader and pull the left leg inside out and connect the corresponding red, green and black connection points as you did in step 3.
6. Grab the stocking foot of each wader leg and pull to turn the wader right side out. The liner will be pulled inside your wader as the wader is turned right side out.
7. Secure the upper portion of the removable liner to the wader using the two zippers located on the upper inside of the wader. The zippers are under the flap of fabric just inside the top of the wader.
When the liner is installed in your wader it is recommended you point your toe when putting on the wader. This will prevent your toe from pushing fabric over the entrance hole into the stocking foot bootie.
Core INS™ removable multi-zone breathable wader insulation system for added warmth in the legs and seat that are most often submerged
Thinsulate® moisture resistant insulation provides more warmth than other insulations even when damp from sweat vapor
Easy on and off design allow user to slip in and out of wader easily and eliminates binding in knees
Warm fleece upper
Easily zips and snaps in minutes into any Hodgman wader that accepts Core INS System